In New Orleans, romance is everywhere you turn. You don’t need to spend a ton of money to impress your date—just take them to one of the places below. Here are 25 cheap date ideas for romance on a budget. Remember, while these activities are easy on the wallet, always be sure to budget extra to tip musicians, servers, and any other hospitality workers wherever possible.
1. Take the ferry from the French Quarter to Algiers Point and explore the charming neighborhood.
2. Have a picnic in Audubon Park, City Park, Crescent Park, Woldenberg Park, or one of these parks.
3. Grab beignets from Café du Monde—and don’t worry about the powdered sugar mess.
4. Hop aboard the streetcar and take in all the scenery.
5. Gallery hop along Julia or Royal streets.
6. Catch a show on Frenchmen Street—just don’t forget to tip the musicians.
7. Grab a slice from Pizza Delicious, Zee’s Pizzeria, or one of these pizza joints.
8. Take a stroll through the Sydney & Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden.
9. Bike down the Lafitte Greenway with a Blue Bike.
10. Attend one of the many free festivals New Orleans offers every year, like French Quarter Fest.
11. Take to Bayou St. John via tandem kayak.
12. Fill up on tacos and margaritas at these spots.
13. Check out these happy hours.
14. Watch the sunset on the Lakefront.
15. Swing dance to live jazz.
16. Sweat together at a free outdoor workout class with Move Ya Brass.
17. Catch a variety show at Comedy House NOLA or the All Ways Lounge.
18. Have lunch or dinner at one of these spots known for their cheap eats.
19. Grab a sweet treat like ice cream or sno-balls.
20. Take a hike through City Park’s Couturie Forest and try to spot some wildlife.
21. Tour a brewery.
22. Have a breakfast (or brunch) date at one of these restaurants.
23. Stroll the farmers market together.
24. Take a walking tour through one of New Orleans’ historic neighborhoods. Or you can even take yourselves on a self-guided tour of the Garden District using
25. Window shop along Magazine Street.