In New Orleans, romance is everywhere you turn. You don’t need to spend a ton of money to impress your date—just take them to one of the places below. Here are 25 cheap date ideas for romance on a budget. Remember, while these activities are easy on the wallet, always be sure to budget extra to tip musicians, servers, and any other hospitality workers wherever possible.
3. Grab beignets from Café du Monde—and don’t worry about the powdered sugar mess.
4. Hop aboard the streetcar and take in all the scenery.
6. Catch a show on Frenchmen Street—just don’t forget to tip the musicians.
8. Take a stroll through the Sydney & Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden.
12. Fill up on tacos and margaritas at these spots.
13. Check out these happy hours.
23. Stroll the farmers market together.
24. Take a walking tour through one of New Orleans’ historic neighborhoods. Or you can even take yourselves on a self-guided tour of the Garden District using this as your guide, or check out additional historically significant architecture with this self-guided tour.
25. Window shop along Magazine Street.