New Orleans (June 18, 2018) – Propeller’s 2018 Growth Venture class completed its Growth Accelerator Program earlier this month. Of the 18 ventures in the program, trepwise directly mentored five, helping to drive growth and sustainability within each company.
The Growth Accelerator program supports established businesses and nonprofits to achieve strategic growth and expand their impact. Propeller’s Growth Accelerator is for entrepreneurs working to tackle disparities in New Orleans’ food, water, health, and education systems. The following are the five ventures that completed the program with trepwise’s support:
- Playworks leverages the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school to create a place for every kid to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills.
- The Doc Griggs Foundation helps New Orleanians improve their health through healthy lifestyles, movement, and real-life health education.
- The Urban Conservancy catalyzes equitable practices and policies related to the urban built environment and local economy through research, education, and advocacy.
- Home by Hand is a 501 c3 non-profit, single-family, affordable housing developer that improves neighborhoods and builds the skills and family assets of low-to-moderate income households by employing the best practices in self help housing, homebuyer training, community revitalization and stormwater management.
- Juma Ventures strives to break the cycle of poverty by paving the way to work, education, and financial capability for youth across America.
“Working alongside ventures who are dedicated to making an impact on the disparities of our city and region is an incredible experience.,” said Lauren Siegel, Advisor at trepwise. “Not only are we rewarded in our work by guiding these ventures to be stronger for the long-term, but we learn so much from the entrepreneurs behind the ideas. We walk away from the experience truly inspired.”
About trepwise, llc
trepwise was founded in 2013 with the mission of being a growth catalyst for entrepreneurial cities. Today it is a robust advisory team with broad cross-functional knowledge. trepwise advisors are well-educated, passionate individuals with experience working with hundreds of organizations here in New Orleans and beyond. The team has led non-profit boards, entered new markets, conceptualized innovative products, and built well-aligned teams. The firm continues to do whatever it takes to maximize the value of its work to clients.
The company’s client portfolio is a mix of organizations, from the for-profit, non-profit and public sectors, from virtually every industry, including education, financial services, food & hospitality, technology, the arts, faith-based institutions and many more. Since trepwise works with a variety of organizations across the local economy, the team has a breadth of knowledge of both the unique challenges facing each, as well as how learning can be disseminated to effectively problem solve.
Located in Central City on Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard, trepwise is a for-profit, values based, and mission driven company. It uses innovative approaches to scale and sustain organizations by providing practical and creative solutions. trepwise provides clients across all sizes, sectors, and industries with the pathways to organizational capacity building in the fields of: Marketing, Finance, Operations, Organizational Culture, Leadership Development, Governance, Strategic Planning, and Impact Measurement.
Genevieve J. Douglass