For Immediate Release
October 12, 2007
International Association of Chiefs of Police Convene in New Orleans
WHAT: International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) 114th Annual Conference & Exhibition
WHERE: Morial Convention Center-New Orleans, Halls A-F
WHEN: Saturday, October 13-Wednesday, October 17, 2007
The International Association of Chiefs of Police is the world's oldest and largest nonprofit membership organization of police executives, with over 20,000 members in over 100 different countries. IACP's leadership consists of the operating chief executives of international, federal, state and local agencies of all sizes. Alexandria, Va.-based IACP will bring to New Orleans a projected 10,000 attendees this weekend and millions of dollars in economic impact. With conference exhibit booth space sold out, it promises to be a successful gathering. IACP’s last meeting in New Orleans was in 1981.
It is one in a series of important, consecutive citywide conferences taking place in New Orleans this fall.
MAJOR EVENTS / NEWSWORTHY SPEAKERS:
- Opening Ceremony, Saturday, October 13, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Hall F of the Center
- 5K Benefit Run at Lafayette Park, Sunday, October 14, 6 a.m.
- Host Chief’s Night Out at the Superdome, Monday, October 15, 7 p.m., featuring entertainment from the Drifters, Platters and Coasters; the IACP Foundation Silent Auction; and a Mardi Gras Parade
- Closing Annual Banquet, Wednesday, October 17, 7 p.m.
- VIP speakers:
- Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and FBI Director Robert Muller, Monday, October 15, 10-11:30 a.m., Hall F
- Acting Deputy Attorney General Craig S. Morford and DEA Administrator Karen Tandy, Tuesday, October 16, 10-11:30 a.m., Hall F
CONFERENCE WEBSITE: www.theiacpconference.org
TO OBTAIN PRESS CREDENTIALS: IACP Conference Press Office: Hall B, Room 215, Morial Convention Center-New Orleans, 504-670-6807, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Saturday-Tuesday), 8 a.m.-1 p.m. (Wednesday)
IACP: Wendy Balazik, 504-670-6807, firstname.lastname@example.org