Discover the softer, romantic side of New Orleans. The city was named one of the Top Eight World's Truly Romantic Cities in 2012 by CNN Traveler. Discover some of our favorite spots across the city that make for a lovely date and it might even be perfect enough to steal a kiss.
- Walk along the waterfront at sunrise, and steal a kiss while overlooking the Mississippi River.
- Enjoy fantastic and romantic food items like plump oysters at Desire Bistro & Oyster Bar and dark chocolates at Sucré. (Oysters and chocolates are known aphrodisiacs—don't say we didn't warn you!)
- Visit the Besthoff Sculpture Garden in the New Orleans Museum of Art. The LOVE statue is a perfect place to reflect upon your admiration for your special someone.
- Take a tour of an antebellum plantation like Nottoway Plantation or Oak Alley, and get swept up in a passionate embrace, Gone with the Wind-style. (Extra points if you can pull off a Clark Gable accent.)
- Treat your love to a candlelight dinner at a romantic eatery like Arnaud’s Restaurant or Restaurant August.
- Explore Jackson Square, where you can take a picture in front of the ionic St. Louis Cathedral, have your caricature drawn by a local artist, listen to live jazz musicians and make her heart swoon with a romantic mule-drawn carriage ride.
- Snuggle with your lover while listening to live music in a cozy jazz club like Snug Harbor or Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse.
- Wander hand-in-hand down Frenchmen Street to enjoy the sights, sounds, clubs, restaurants and shopping that line this famous street.
- Enjoy a few kisses (and a few glasses of wine) at a wine bar like Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar & Bistro.
- Take a ride on the St. Charles Avenue Streetcar. The vintage streetcar winds through the beautiful scenery and neighborhoods of one of New orleans historic streetcar lines.
Discover even more romantic restaurants, cocktail bars, and attractions around New Orleans.