NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Purchase does not increase chances of winning.
- SPONSOR: The Zapp’s + New Orleans Mardi Gras in a Box Giveaway!' (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Zapp’s, an Utz Snacks company, and New Orleans & Company (“Sponsors”). Any questions, comments or complaints are to be directed to Sponsors via email at email@example.com. Entry information is owned by Sponsors. You understand you are providing your entry information to the Sponsors. The entry information provided will only be used in the event that entrant is selected as a potential winner or if the entrant has indicated he/she would like to receive additional information from Sponsors. Any entrant who has indicated that he/she would like to receive additional information from Sponsors or the participating partners will be contacted by Sponsors and/or partners directly via email, otherwise, Sponsors will not provide any entry information to any third party.
- ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE TO WIN. The sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States of America and the District of Columbia who are at least 21 years of age at time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, regulation, rule or otherwise. Subject to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Employees of Sponsor or its affiliated companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses) and household members (those living in the same home whether or not related) of those employees or of any of their respective distributors, vendors, service agencies and companies involved in the design, implementation and execution of the sweepstakes (the “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible to enter. By entering the sweepstakes, entrant indicates full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 (“Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit the sweepstakes entry page at neworleans.com/zapps-mardigrasinabox, and submit the required information, including your first and last name, email address, zip code, phone number and agreement to these Official Rules, which will be accessible from the entry page. Five (5) grand prize winners and ten (10) second prize winners will be randomly selected (as set forth in Section 6) from all eligible entries. Limit of one entry per person. Multiple entries will not increase chances of winning and may result in disqualification.
All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. False or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, will render the entrant ineligible. Participants represent and warrant that they have not purchased any kind of device or Internet service in order to submit an entry or participate in and/or enter the sweepstakes.
PRIZE: Sponsors will award five (5) Grand Prizes to five separate potential winners, and ten (10) Second Prizes each consisting of:
- Grand Prize: Five (5) winners will each receive: A large assortment of items associated with New Orleans and Mardi Gras, curated by New Orleans-based vendors. Each Mardi Gras in a Box Grand Prize will have an approximate retail value (ARV) of $500.
- Second Prize: Ten (10) second prize winners will receive: An assortment of items associated with New Orleans and Mardi Gras, curated by New Orleans-based vendors. Each Mardi Gras in a Box Second Prize will have an ARV of $100.
All prizes are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. A prize winner cannot assign or transfer his or her prize to another person. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $500 and the aggregate ARV of all prizes is $3500 + the Zapp’s® chips value.
- HOW TO WIN: On February 10, 2021 or within a reasonable time thereafter, Sponsors will randomly choose five (5) potential Grand Prize winners and ten (10) potential Second Prize winners from all valid entries. The decisions of the Sponsors will be final and binding and cannot be appealed. Prize winners will be notified by email and/or phone shortly after the drawing on February 10, 2021 and must meet all eligibility requirements.
- CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Eligibility and all claims made by a potential winner are subject to verification. Sponsors will randomly select potential winners per the “How to Win” process outlined in item 6 of these rules and contact them via email and/or phone using the information provided during the entry process. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within two (2) business days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned unclaimed or is undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsors’ sole discretion from among the remaining eligible entries. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner fails to respond to notification attempts, the potential winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsors’ sole discretion from among the remaining eligible entries. In the event the winner declines the prize, Sponsors may elect, in their sole discretion, to select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an entry, or if the winning email address does not belong to an individual, but rather to an eligible group, business or organization, the entry will be deemed submitted by the legitimate holder of the email account listed on the entry as determined by Sponsors.
Subject to verification of eligibility, prizes awarded to potential winners selected from entries will be mailed to winners’ addresses with the zip codes provided on their entry form.
Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, the prize winner consents to Sponsors’ use of prize winner’s name, photograph and likeness, without additional compensation, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, and may be required to sign, have notarized, and submit an affidavit or eligibility and release form, except where prohibited by law. Sponsors shall not be responsible or liable for failure to contact potential winners due to an undeliverable email message, incorrect phone number, full or non-operational voicemail, or an inactive or suspended email account or failure by potential winner to provide a current email address. Participants should be sure to check their email messages regularly and keep their account updated with their correct contact information so that they will be able to be contacted if selected as a potential winner. A potential winner, who fails to notify Sponsors via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via reply to the initial email identifying them as a potential winner, with any issue within two (2) business days after attempted prize notification, forfeits any right to do so. Sponsors are not responsible for fraudulent communications sent to entrants not by Sponsors.
- ODDS: Odds of winning any prizes will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by geographic area.
- GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering the sweepstakes, participants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity in the Official Rules and regulations. Decisions made by Sponsors in relation to this sweepstakes are final and binding in all matters, including, without limitation, interpretation of these Official Rules and the awarding of the sweepstakes prize, and cannot be appealed. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes in the event that the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, pandemic, timing or any other causes beyond the control of promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the sweepstakes. Sponsors do not make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. Sponsors may modify, rescind, cancel or revoke the sweepstakes at any time in their sole discretion without notice or liability. Entrants who attempt to tamper with this sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners may be responsible for any taxes due as a result of winning the prize. Additional restrictions may apply. Any attempt to deliberately damage the sweepstakes or operation of the sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsors who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- RIGHT OF PUBLICITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants (and prize winners) consent to the use of their respective names, cities, states, likenesses, voices, biographical information, and images for purposes of advertising, marketing and promoting Sponsors and Sponsors’ brands and products without compensation or further consent, except where prohibited by law. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release form prior to prize fulfillment.
- CANCELLATION: Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend or cancel or modify the sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug, malfunction, manipulation or other technical problem or any misuse of the sweepstakes process, regardless of the cause, affects, compromises, or corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the sweepstakes. Notice of cancellation will be posted at the entry site. SPONSORS SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF AN IRREGULAR ENTRY OR IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES. No more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules will be awarded. In addition to the foregoing, if for any reason (including, but not limited to, strikes, lockouts, pandemics, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsors) Sponsors cannot continue the sweepstakes, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, cancel the sweepstakes or extend the Promotion Period.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, the Promotion Entities , including but not limited to their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or email; (e) errors in the administration of the sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the sweepstakes, and in no event will the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees.
- DISPUTES: Each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the sweepstakes, or any prize awarded or the determination of prize winner, which cannot be resolved between the parties, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering the sweepstakes), and entrant further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of the entrants, prize winner, Sponsors and the Promotion Entities, in connection with the sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Louisiana or any other jurisdiction), that would cause application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Louisiana. All Entrants consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located within Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
- WINNER’S LIST: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or a winners list via mail, please mail your request, together with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: The Zapp’s + New Orleans Mardi Gras in a Box Sweepstakes! c/o New Orleans & Company Attn: Jeremy Cooker, 2020 St. Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130. Requests received after February 22, 2021 will not be honored.