NEW ORLEANS (August 8, 2017) - As the summertime traffic slows down for most of New Orleans this month, Windsor Court Hotel continues to heat things up with a series of exclusive events and special offers that highlight the best of the Big Easy. Although the celebrations begin with the kid-friendly, Wonderland-inspired Mad Hatter Tea, a mid-month blues and barbecue whiskey dinner and a Labor Day weekend of drag queens and diversity round out the seasonal events.
For those who are looking to extend their experience beyond long lunches, themed teas and boozy dinners, the options for end-of-summer stays at Windsor Court range from an affordable Summer Staycation offer designed to reign in locals' wanderlust to a Southern Decadence getaway package aimed at anyone looking for a taste of the "suite" life.
Details and highlights for all the end-of-summer deals and celebrations are below.
To encourage locals to reign in their wanderlust and explore adventures closer to home, Windsor Court is offering a special rate, beginning at $239 nightly. Using the code "Wanderlust" when booking through the hotel's website (windsorcourthotel.com), guests will receive a suite upgrade and $50 per night credit for Windsor Court cuisine, cocktails, spa services or parking. So, whether it's lounging by the rooftop pool or indulging in a multi-course tasting menu, there's still time for New Orleans residents to savor all that summer has to offer.
Mad Hatter Tea
Saturday, August 12, and Sunday, August 13, 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Le Salon at Windsor Court
$37 per adult, $27 per child, plus tax and gratuity
• Head to Windsor Court for an afternoon dedicated to the imagination and wonder of Alice and her friends. Guests will enjoy the finest teas and Wonderland-themed treats.
• Children will love the chance to meet the Mad Hatter and pose for a photo. Adults will choose from a selection of specialty cocktails.
• In partnership with the New Orleans Public Library, Windsor Court is hosting a book drive during Mad Hatter Tea. Please bring your lightly used or new books for donation; books for all ages are welcome.
Booze, Blues & BBQ Whiskey Dinner
Thursday, August 17, 6:30 p.m.
Cocktail Bar at Windsor Court
$90 per person, plus tax and gratuity
• Windsor Court is breaking out of the barrel to host an exclusive whiskey pairing dinner in Cocktail Bar featuring live music and a barbecue-inspired, four-course menu.
• Menu and drink pairings include:
• Welcome Drink: Seelbach Cocktail
Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Brandy Cask Finish Bourbon, Cointreau, Bitters, Champagne
• First Course: Creole Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Old Fashioned: Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, Sugar, Bitters
• Second Course: Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich
• Main Course: Smoked Brisket, Baby Back Ribs, Smoked Sausage with sides
Whiskey Flight: Old Forester Whiskey Row Series - 1870 Original Batch, 1897 Bottled in Bond, 1920 Prohibition Style
• Dessert: Mixed Berry Cobbler
La Louisane: Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey, Benedictine, Dolin Sweet Vermouth, Bitters, Absinthe
• Farewell Drink: Jack Daniel's Sinatra Select
Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3, 12:30 p.m.
Le Salon at Windsor Court
$75, plus tax and gratuity (includes bottomless mimosas and bloody marys from 12:30-2 p.m.)
21 and older
Reservations required: 504.596.4773
• Windsor Court is joining the annual Southern Decadence celebration of worldwide LGBTQ culture and community with a Labor Day weekend of LGBTea events.
• Join us for two afternoons of tea-time cocktails, diversity and drag queen performances, headlined by Crescent City star Kookie Baker and pianist Ben Childress.
• Now in its 46th year, Southern Decadence annually draws more than 150,000 people to New Orleans, which was recently ranked #2 in Travel + Leisure's list of America's Best Cities for Gay Travel. The festivities begin Wednesday, Aug. 30 and include block parties, tours, karaoke contests, parades and more.
Suite Decadence Package
In honor of the long Labor Day weekend, Windsor Court is also offering the Suite Decadence Package for $650, which includes a two-night stay in a Premium Suite, LGBTea service for two on Saturday or Sunday, a welcome amenity and a 15 percent discount on spa services. For a Club Level Suite, the price is $870.
In addition to Windsor Court's own events and offers, the hotel is participating in a variety of citywide initiatives from the New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau, all dedicated to driving traffic during the off-season. Promotions include lunch and dinner offerings during COOLinary and New Orleans Restaurant Week, and cocktail, dining, and spa discounts during the Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown campaign.
About Windsor Court
Windsor Court has been the choice for discerning travelers for over 30 years. The 23-story hotel is located in the heart of the Central Business District, steps from the French Quarter. The award-winning luxury hotel features 316 oversized guestrooms and suites, the acclaimed Grill Room Restaurant, the storied Polo Club Lounge, the celebrated Le Salon for afternoon tea, the on-the-go eatery Café Anglais, and an extensive art collection with mostly works of British origin, among other amenities and services. The hotel's recent $22 million restoration included the addition of the lobby Cocktail Bar and Spa at Windsor Court. For off-site events, Windsor Court offers CELEBRATE!, a premier custom New Orleans catering service. The hotel was purchased in October 2009 by an ownership team led by The Berger Company of New Orleans and the Dallas-based Crow Family Holdings. Windsor Court is a member of Preferred Hotels® and Resorts Legend Collection and is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection. For more information, please visit www.windsorcourthotel.com.
Jess Civello, DEVENEY
504.949.3999, ext. 223