Every holiday season, the most exquisite hotel in the Big Easy, The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, pulls out all the stops to transform into a spectacular holiday Waldorf Wonderland for all to enjoy, and this year is no exception, with festivities and attractions centered around a safe and physically distant approach.
“This year, perhaps more than ever, we feel it is our duty to keep our traditions alive that have created holiday memories in the past and will continue to bring that spirit of joy that will last a lifetime,” said Tod Chambers, general manager, The Roosevelt New Orleans. “Like all families, we have reimagined our signature traditions and programming for those to enjoy in a safe and physically distanced manner. We invite individuals and families from near and far to celebrate and enjoy a complete holiday experience by staying with us, relishing in our exquisite decor and partaking in our many festivities.”
While this year may look a little different than previous years, The Roosevelt New Orleans is open for bookings and offers visitors the opportunity to experience the magic of the holidays in New Orleans in a variety of reimagined ways. Guests of the hotel can enjoy delectable holiday brunches; kid-friendly, socially distanced Teddy Bear Teas; specials in the hotel’s world-class spa; specialty cocktails and delicious meals in the Sazerac; and of course photo opportunities in the extraordinary, festively-lit lobby, all from the comfort and safety of the hotel grounds.
Safety and peace of mind for guests and families are the hotel’s top priorities. With that in mind, the hotel is building upon Hilton and the property’s industry-leading hygiene and cleanliness practices and taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of each guest and visitor through its Hilton CleanStay and Hilton EventReady programs. The hotel is also reducing event sizes and adhering to the health guidelines from the city, state and health experts. Additionally, for guests staying on-property, families can enjoy an even safer and cleaner stay with Hilton CleanStay protocols which includes a Hilton CleanStay room seal to indicate that the room has not been entered since being thoroughly cleaned.
Sparing no effort, the hotel’s city block-long holiday display will feature hundreds of thousands of lights and festive bows and garlands creating an impressive display of classic favorites including Christmas trees, winter branches and 2,200 glass ornaments. Each year, the gorgeous display tells a spirited story, showcasing the best of New Orleans and the holidays through a classic theme designed to wow.
Additional holiday festivities at the hotel include:
- Specialty Booking Offers & In-Room Holiday Amenities
- Guests can easily search for Papa Noel Rates and book one that fits their schedule.
- Guests also have the ability to pre-order a Christmas tree and have it waiting for them upon arrival in their guestroom. Families can ask about this service at time of booking.
- Dining & Libations:
- ‘Tis the Season libations will be offered in the Sazerac starting at $14 and include the classic Candy Cane and Mrs. Claus’ Cookie cocktails.
- A delectable menu, including Chef Carl’s Monday Night Fried Chicken, will now also be available in the Sazerac – a first for the historic bar!
- A Réveillon Dinner fit for a king will soon be available for those dining in the hotel as well. Réveillon is a Louisiana traditional holiday meal with roots that go as far back as early 1800s in Europe. The word itself means "to awake" and historically it took place in the wee hours of Christmas Eve after midnight mass. Executive Chef Jason Schneider invites guests to a modern revival of the tradition.
- Special Events & Meals:
- A festive Thanksgiving brunch — enjoy brunch in New Orleans' most elegant, and infamous, dining and music room – The Blue Room.
- Join the hotel for a Christmas Day brunch, or a special Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner and be surrounded in holiday spirit. Please call 504-335-3129 for reservations and additional information.
- The hotel’s annual traditional Teddy Bear Tea, which continually tops the list of the best holiday traditions and decorations to experience in New Orleans and the U.S., takes families on a delightful holiday journey with visits from Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and other special guests. This enchanting holiday tea party presents delicious celebratory food, specialty teas and tasty pastries, as well as sparkling wine and mimosas for adults. Special socially distanced photo opportunities with Santa are available as well.
- Shop & Spa Specials:
- Winter Spa Packages at The Waldorf Astoria Spa are also available which include a departure gift. Spa enthusiasts can enjoy a full body massage alongside a hydration booster facial which combats the effects of brisk winds and warm indoor heat with a hydrating and barrier repairing treatment. The treatment leaves skin supple, nourished and protected from the harsh elements.
- Whether it is an ensemble, a gift for someone special, or something to memorialize your stay, the Emporium Gift Shop is there to provide the luxury experience that exceeds expectations. Choose from special collections of handcrafted ornaments from local artisans and acquire this year's Kitty Kelly heirloom keepsake, the hotel's very own cloisonné ornament.
To learn more about or experience the holidays at The Roosevelt, please visit www.waldorfastoria.com/theroosevelt, call +1-504-648-1200 or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more information about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, please visit http://news.waldorfastoria.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @waldorfastoria.
# # #
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,300 properties with nearly one million rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 110 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including contactless check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of more than 30 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio, including 17 properties either open or in development, that provide the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
The Ehrhardt Group