Enjoy this simple yet decadent bread pudding recipe from the chefs at Pascal's Manale restaurant.
- 3 loaves French bread
- 15 ounces raisins
- 1/2 gallon whole milk
- 1/2 lb. sugar
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 pound of melted butter
- 3 ounces vanilla extract
- Cut French bread into cubes and place in large bowl. Pour milk on top of the French bread. Let milk soak into bread.
- Add the remaining ingredients to French bread mixture.
- Mix by hand until blended evenly. Pour mixture into ungreased pan.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Makes 15 or more servings.
- 3 ounces of Brandy
- 1 lb. butter
- 8 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces vanilla extract
butter sit at room temperature until very soft.
Add the remaining ingredients
and blend with mixer until smooth.
Pour over bread pudding.
Pascale's Manale Restaurant
1838 Napoleon Avenue, New Orleans