Renée Maxwell, Marketing & PR Manager
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
504-595-5511 / firstname.lastname@example.org
[NEW ORLEANS, LA - September 30, 2016] The Sheraton New Orleans Hotel shared their initiatives for Together as One, part of the Starwood Cares for Community effort in which associates of Starwood Hotels worldwide volunteer to better the communities in which they live. The month long campaign celebrates their year-round contributions and ramps up involvement for the month of October. The causes selected have a special significance to Sheraton New Orleans associates and the public is encouraged to participate in all of the events listed below. Interested parties should contact Nikki Harris at email@example.com.
• October 1st- 30th - Clean The World Kits. The hotel lobby will be equipped with the components for all guests and associates to help assemble Clean the World hygiene kits for donation to relief organizations. (Goal 500 kits)
• October 1st - American Lung Association Walk at Audubon Park. Walkers and volunteers are needed to man Hydration Stations
• October 5th - Habitat for Humanity Build / Location TBA
• October 11th - Feed the Need: New Orleans Mission
• October 15th - Louisiana Walks for Parkinson's
• October 19th - LASPCA Dog Walk
• October 20th - Laser Tag SARF Fundraiser 4p.m. - 9p.m benefitting the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
• October 27th-31st - Pelican Bar Specialty Cocktail with proceeds benefiting the New Orleans Women & Children's Shelter
An integral part of the New Orleans hospitality industry for 30 years, the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel has long been a strong partner of local entities to strengthen both the unique culture of our city and the potential presence in the worldwide tourism market. The Hotel is pleased to support a number of key organizations and community partnerships including the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival as Official Host Hotel and sponsor of the Fais-Do-Do Stage, the George Rodrigue Foundation of the Arts, Sculpture for New Orleans, The Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, the New Orleans Ballet Association, French Quarter Festival, and the Krewe of Orpheus.
About Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
The Four-Diamond Sheraton New Orleans Hotel is located on historic Canal Street adjacent to the French Quarter steps from the Central Business District, Bourbon Street and the riverfront. The hotel features 1,110 guest rooms, including Sheraton Club Level rooms and 53 suites, which reflect the distinct flavor of the Big Easy with bold and stylish décor and spectacular views of the Mississippi River. Five grand, spacious ballrooms, 54 individual meeting rooms, and over 100,000 square feet of flexible meeting space make the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel is the place to meet in the Crescent City. For more information, please visit www.sheratonneworleans.com or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SheratonNOLA and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/SheratonNOLA.
# # #