Following an extensive restoration that took place over the course of many years, the Sazerac House opened in October 2019 and has become an award-winning immersive and interactive visitor experience. These awards recognize the transformation of the Sazerac House and celebrate the Sazerac House’s focus on bringing the history of New Orleans to life through the exploration of its cocktails, all in a historic setting in the heart of New Orleans.
“We are incredibly proud of the creativity, hard work and attention to detail that brought the dream of the Sazerac House to life,” said Miguel Solorzano, general manager of the Sazerac House. “From our architects, general contractors and exhibit design and installation teams, to our experience ambassadors, distilling, events and operations teams that make our guest experience the best it can possibly be, we are so proud to have made the Sazerac House’s first year of operation an award-winning one.”
In 2020, the Sazerac House celebrated one year of operation and received the following awards:
- Louisiana Landmarks Society Excellence in Historic Preservation Award
- The Louisiana Landmarks Society is a non-profit 501(C)3 preservation advocacy organization, established in 1950. Louisiana Landmarks Society 2020 Awards for Excellence in Historic Preservation honor outstanding achievements in historic restoration, renovation and new design. It is a juried competition and the awards selection committee reviewed a near record-setting number of entries, awarding Trapolin-Peer Architecture and the Sazerac House for its restoration of an 1860s era building.
- ENR Texas & Louisiana Best Project in Renovation/Restoration
- This annual awards program is dedicated to honoring the best construction projects and the companies that designed and built them in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Ryan Gootee General Contractors and The Sazerac House won for its transformation from a vacant building into a safe and beautiful immersive and interactive experience.
- Muse Creative Platinum
- This prestigious awards competition was created by International Awards Associate Inc. in 2015, to answer a need for nurturing and promoting the designing “muses” that push the evolution of design to the next level. Gallagher and Associates and the Sazerac House were awarded the Muse “Experiential and Immersive” award for its “Sophisticated Spirits” interactive exhibit, which allows guests to engage with virtual bartenders, mixing up signature spirits from four different types of bars.
- New Orleans Magazine 2019 Best of Dining
- This annual awards list honors the best dining and beverage destinations in New Orleans, and this year stepped outside of its list of restaurants and bars to award the Sazerac House the “cocktail mecca” award for its exploration of New Orleans history through the stories of its cocktails and spirits.
- Associated General Contractors of America 2020 Construction Risk Partners Build America Award in the Building Renovations
- The Build America Awards honor AGC members who build the nation’s most impressive construction projects ranging across building, highway and transportation, utility infrastructure, and federal and heavy divisions. For more than 30 years, the Construction Risk Partners Build America Awards have been given in recognition of excellence in the construction industry. These awards are given to projects selected by a panel of contractor’s toughest critics – other contractors. Ryan Gootee General Contractors and the Sazerac House were awarded for its renovation of an 1860s era building.
- Downtown Development District 2019 Downtown NOLA Awards
- The Downtown NOLA Awards celebrates companies and buildings that work to progress downtown New Orleans. The Sazerac House received the award for the meticulous renovation and reuse of a building that had been vacant for three decades, returning a high traffic corner in the heart of downtown New Orleans to commerce for the first time since the early 1980s.
The awards were presented at in-person and virtual ceremonies in 2019 and 2020. The Sazerac House is open for complimentary tours and tastings, which require advance booking online at www.sazerachouse.com.
About Sazerac House
Standing proudly in a historic building at the corner of Canal and Magazine, and just a short stroll from the original 1850s era Sazerac Coffeehouse, the Sazerac House is an immersive exploration of the spirited culture of New Orleans. Featuring three floors of interactive exhibits across 48,000 square feet, including private event venues, an on-site Sazerac Rye distillery, and Peychaud’s Bitters production facility, the Sazerac House welcomes visitors to experience New Orleans history through the stories of its cocktails. For more information on the Sazerac House, please visit www.sazerachouse.com
Be Nimble Public Relations