NEW ORLEANS – (January 11, 2018) – New Orleans is recognized as a top destination to visit in 2018 by a number of influential national and international travel and lifestyle publications.
Just this week, The New York Times named New Orleans the #1 destination to visit in 2018. This ranking is the result of a team effort including the NOCVB’s communications team, our PR team in NY, NOTMC’s aggressive ad campaign, the amazing hospitality infrastructure our members and tourism industry workers have built over the years and the most important element, the residents of New Orleans and the way they welcome visitors. For all of this, we are grateful.
In addition to The New York Times ranking, this combined effort to leverage our Tricentennial as a reason to visit New Orleans this year has led to 25 more media outlets including New Orleans as a great place to visit in 2018.
- The New York Times 52 Places to Go in 2018, No. 1 destination
- Condé Nast Traveler’s 18 Best Places to Travel in 2018
- AARP’s Top U.S. Destinations for 2018, No. 1 destination
- Travel + Leisure’s 50 Best Places to Travel in 2018
- Fodor’s “Go List 2018”
- Frommer’s Travel Guides’ Best Places to Go in 2018
- Bloomberg Where to Go in 2018
- CNN Travel’s Best Vacation Spots for 2018
- USA Today Where will US Travelers Explore in 2018?
- Los Angeles Times Where are you going in 2018?
- The Globe and Mail UK Top 12 travel destinations to keep your sights on for 2018
- Harper’s Bazaar UK This is where everyone will be going on holiday in 2018
- Thrillist The 18 Best Places to Go for a Big Trip in 2018
- Associated Press A look at travel lists: Where to go in 2018
- AAA Via Magazine 8 Great Places to Visit in 2018
- The Rough Guides Best Places to Travel: The Rough Guide to 2018
- TripAdvisor Blog 30 Top USA Cities to Visit in 2018
- Expedia’s Viewfinder Travel Blog 18 cities that must be seen in 2018
- The Points Guy 18 Amazing Places to Travel in 2018
- The New York Times 10 Bargain Destinations for 2018
- ESSENCE 5 Beyoncé-Inspired Trips You Should Take In 2018
- Robb Report Best Places to Travel in February
- Condé Nast Traveler’s Where to go in February
- Travel + Leisure’s Best Places to Travel in the U.S. in February
- Thrillist Best Places to Travel in February
- Business Insider 13 of the best places to visit if you’re planning a vacation in February 2018
“To be recognized as a top destination on a national and international level is a tremendous honor for New Orleans. These influential media outlets have the opportunity to select any destination in the world, and due to continued outreach touting why New Orleans is one of the most authentic cities, these writers and contributors are encouraging their readers to visit our city,” said Stephen Perry, President and CEO of the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau. “The famed cuisine, hospitality, music, art and authentic culture, along with our tricentennial celebrations, are among the many reasons why visitors are encouraged to visit this year.”
The New Orleans CVB proactively interacts with influential media outlets to showcase New Orleans as a premiere destination to both visitors and customers, further driving the message that New Orleans is a top destination for leisure and business travel, and ensuring New Orleans receives favorable coverage and stays top of mind for potential visitors through these coveted lists.
“As we celebrate our Tricentennial year in 2018, it is really encouraging and humbling to witness this recognition by so many publications and other media,” said Mark Romig, President and CEO of New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation (NOTMC). "Being chosen as top tier destination for travelers mirrors the hard work and dedication of the 89,000 men and women who make up the staff members of our wonderful hotels, restaurants and attractions as well as the thousands of additional people who are part of our diverse cultural economy.”
“We are honored to be recognized among international destinations as the best of the best. When we entered office in Spring 2010, our work was cut out for us. But the people of this city have an unwavering spirit and so against all odds we kept moving forward, one step at a time and these accolades serve to further validate the great work we have accomplished” said Mayor Mitch Landrieu. “As we celebrate our city’s 300th anniversary, we can see the revitalization of our city. The best way for us to honor our past is to use this next year to continue to build a stronger foundation. I have no doubt New Orleans’ best days are ahead of us, and it’s great to have another validator of our progress the past few years.”
A full list of accolades throughout the year can be found here.
New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau (NOCVB) is a nationally accredited, 1,100-member destination marketing organization and the largest and most successful private economic development corporation in Louisiana. The CVB and its members influence thousands of decision-makers and millions of visitors to choose New Orleans through direct sales, marketing, public relations, branding and visitor services at our New Orleans headquarters and offices in Chicago, Columbia, SC, Washington, D.C., the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, Brazil and China. Consistently recognized as one of the top five CVBs in the country, the New Orleans CVB celebrates its 58th anniversary in 2018. For more information, please visit www.neworleans.com; www.facebook.com/neworleans; www.twitter.com/VisitNewOrleans.
New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation (NOTMC) NOTMC promotes the city as a leisure tourism destination throughout the year. Annually, NOTMC’s marketing campaigns include strategic digital and broadcast TV advertising, social media and public relations. Websites: neworleans.com; followyourNOLA.com; GoNOLA.com. Social Media: Facebook.com/NewOrleans; Twitter.com/visitneworleans; Instagram.com/visitneworleans; YouTube.com/gonolatv