Bad dreams are back in The Big Easy with the return of New Orleans Nightmare, opening on Friday, September 13th and running through November 2nd. The New Orleans haunt is one of 14 national locations produced by Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group (13FEG), the world’s largest Halloween-themed entertainment company. With 25,000 square feet of innovative horror experience, movie-quality sets, crew, and top-notch special effects that are unrivaled in the city, entering into the haunt is like stepping into your very own horror film, and you’re the star.
“We pride ourselves on the Hollywood-level quality of our makeup, sets, actors, and effects,” says Chris Stafford, CEO and Founding Partner of Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group. “We want our guests to feel as though they are really living out the nightmare that we’re transporting them into.”
Along with the new additions of Darkest Dreams, Clown and Rise of the Dead – the horrifying attractions inside the haunt, New Orleans Nightmare is lifting the veil on a new kind of nail-biting encounter. PHOBIA SENSORY OVERLOAD in Complete Darkness will submerge guests into a total blackout while they must rely only on their five senses to escape a dizzying labyrinth of terror, and it doesn’t end there. The haunt is rolling out an entirely new, blood-curdling ending for the 2019 season that will give you nightmares long after you’ve left. But not to fear, there will be liquid courage for sale for those in need of it along with other refreshments, all helping to ensure an experience that’s so fun, it’s scary.
WHERE: 319 Butterworth St. | Jefferson, LA 70121 under the Huey P. Long Bridge
WHEN: Open select nights from September 13th – October 31st with special Blackout Events on November 1st and 2nd. Twenty-eight dates total! For full details on hours of operation, visit neworleansnightmare.com/hours.
TICKETS: General admission to the haunted house begins at $19.99 and VIP options allowing patrons to bypass the line are available starting at $29.99. Tickets can be purchased online at neworleansnightmare.com and at the gate on show days only.
Frights for New Orleans Nightmare’s 2019 Halloween Season include:
- Clown: Travel back in time to a carnival of terror in black and white, where vaudeville and evil take the stage together for a show that will be sure to leave a lasting impression. Every thirteen years, Clown returns to our world to gain strength by feasting on the fears of children. It’s been thirteen long years that Clown has been trapped inside the Thirteenth Realm, all while plotting his next gruesome attack. Will he reap his work and swallow your fear-drenched soul or can you evade his evil grip?
- Rise of the Dead: The rise of the dead is among us! The undead are walking this earth in search of their next meal. With an insatiable appetite for flesh, the question is: Will you be left dead or alive?
- Darkest Dreams: New Orleans Nightmare’s newest main attraction allows you to transcend into a dream world of terror that would scare even the bravest of souls. A demonic entity pulls you into her gothic nightmare where she gathers all creatures of horror. You can run, but you can’t hide from Nachtmahr’s deadly grip. Attempt to escape her reality or fall into a dungeon of despair as the demented creatures she unleashes terrorize those who enter her world. You are getting sleepy...
- PHOBIA SENSORY OVERLOAD in Complete Darkness: Submerge yourself into a complete blackout and make your way through a maze full of mystery in New Orleans Nightmare’s newest and most bone-chilling attraction. Enter into a labyrinth of pitch-black terror as you rely only on your sense of sound, smell, touch, and maybe even taste to escape the clutches of darkness. A fair warning: it’s not for the faint of heart.
- Mini Escape Games: Mini Escape Games are a fully interactive and immersive experience unlike anything you have ever done before! Race the clock: Your group enters a room and has only 5 minutes to use clues and riddles hidden throughout the room that provide the tools necessary to meet the objective. As the clock ticks down and the pressure mounts…can you stay calm, can you escape?
About Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group:
Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group is the only company in the country to produce Halloween-themed events on a national scale in cities such as Austin, Chicago, Columbus, Denver, Green Bay, Houston, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, Phoenix and San Antonio. World-renowned set designers, special effects professionals and acclaimed artists make each of Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group's events a truly unique experience.