FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jennifer Lotz/ Sarah Forman
New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau Names 2013 Board of Directors
Gregory Rusovich, CEO of Transoceanic Trading and Development Company, to serve as Chairman
NEW ORLEANS (Dec. 20, 2012)- As this record-breaking year for New Orleans' hospitality industry comes to an end, the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) inducts its 2013 Board of Directors. This esteemed group of business leaders provides the strategic direction for New Orleans' $5.47 billion tourism industry and advances the interests of the CVB's 1,100 members. Serving as Chairman of the Board is Gregory Rusovich, CEO of Transoceanic Trading and Development Company LLC - an international consulting firm that connects sellers of equipment, technology and services to prospective buyers in the world's emerging markets.
Mr. Rusovich serves on many local boards including the Port of New Orleans, the Crime Coalition, the New Orleans Police and Justice Foundation and Metairie Park Country Day School. He is Chairman of the Metropolitan Crime Commission and the Regional Business Council, Chair-Elect of GNO, Inc. and past Chairman of the Business Council of New Orleans and the River Region. Mr. Rusovich is the Honorary Consul General of Serbia to the State of Louisiana.
The 2013 Board of Directors Executive Committee:
- Gregory Rusovich, CEO, Transoceanic Trading & Development (Chairman)
- Robert Bray, General Manager, New Orleans Marriott (Chair Elect)
- Fred Sawyers, Complex General Manager, Hilton New Orleans Riverside and Doubletree by Hilton New Orleans (Past Chair)
- Amy Reimer, General Manager, International House Hotel (Secretary)
- Steve Pettus, Managing Partner, Dickie Brennan & Company (Treasurer)
- Ron Forman, Audubon Nature Institute (Chairman-Strategic Planning Committee)
- Doug Thornton, LSED/SMG-Mercedes-Benz Superdome (Chairman-Audit Committee)
- Iftikhar Ahmad, New Orleans International Airport
- Darryl Berger, Omni Royal Orleans/Windsor Court/Loews Hotel
- Katy Casbarian, Arnaud's Restaurant
- Tod Chambers, The Roosevelt Hotel*
- Jim Cook, Sheraton Hotel*
- Jill DiMarco, Signature Events*
- Martin Driskell, Intercontinental New Orleans
- Al Groos, Royal Sonesta Hotel*
- Ronald Markham, New Orleans Jazz Orchestra
- Jeffrey O'Hara, Allied PRA*
2013 CVB Board of Directors/ Page 2 of 2
- Melvin Rodrigue, Galatoire's
- Michael Smith, Hyatt Regency Hotel
- Steve Woodruff, Commander's Palace Restaurant
- Bonnie Boyd, BBC Destination Management
- Steve Caputo, Hotel Monteleone
- Susan Taylor, New Orleans Museum of Art
- David Villarrubia, Degas House
*Newly appointed for 2013
Headshots available for all board members upon request.
- Stacy Head, Council President, City of New Orleans-Councilmember-at-Large
- Latoya Cantrell, Councilmember, City of New Orleans - District B
- Kristin Palmer, Councilmember, City of New Orleans - District C
The Nominating Committee received nominations from the CVB members and selected board candidates based on their industry knowledge, experience and diversity. The slate was elected by the CVB's membership at the Annual Business Meeting held on December 12, 2012.
The New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau is a nationally accredited, 1,100-member destination marketing organization and the largest and most successful private economic development corporation in Louisiana. We help create $5.47 billion in new capital each year- more than any other business sector- by attracting millions of visitors, special events and conventions. The CVB and its members influence thousands of decision-makers and millions of visitors to choose New Orleans through direct sales, marketing, public relations, branding and visitor services at our New Orleans headquarters and offices in Washington, D.C., New York, Chicago, Phoenix and five countries. Consistently recognized as one of the top five CVBs in the country, the New Orleans CVB celebrated its 52nd anniversary in 2012. For more information, please visit http://www.neworleanscvb.com/.