FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lauren Cason | Kelley Pettus
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW ORLEANS (March 4, 2015) - In addition to being named one of the "World's Best Cities" by Travel + Leisure in 2014, New Orleans is a top destination for travelers in 2015 according to publications such as Lonely Planet, Rough Guides and Ebony magazine. The New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) inducted its 2015 Board of Directors to be key leaders in the city's tourism industry. This esteemed group of business leaders provides the strategic direction for New Orleans' $6 billion tourism industry and advances the interests of the CVB's 1,100 members. Serving as chairman of the board is Tod Chambers, the general manager of The Roosevelt New Orleans Hotel.
Chambers has managed The Roosevelt New Orleans since the hotel reopened its doors five years ago. Chambers began his career in hotel management in 1989 as executive meeting manager with Marriott Corporation and later joined the Hilton family of hotels in 1992. In 2005, Chambers moved to New Orleans to assist in the renovations of the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. A year later, Chambers became general manager of the Doubletree Hotel New Orleans. Chambers was named general manager of The Roosevelt New Orleans Hotel in 2009 and currently oversees the 504-room historic property and its staff.
The 2014 Board of Directors Executive Committee:
- Tod Chambers, The Roosevelt New Orleans Hotel (Chairman of the Board)
- Robert Bray, New Orleans Marriott International (Past Chair)
- Jim Cook, Sheraton Hotel (Chair Elect)
- Darryl Berger, The Berger Company (Secretary)
- Steve Pettus, Dickie Brennan & Company (Treasurer)
- Greg Rusovich, Transoceanic Trading & Development (Assistant Treasurer)
- Mickal Adler, Coleman E. Adler & Sons
- Iftikhar Ahmad, New Orleans International Airport
- Bonnie Boyd, BBC Destination Management
- Steve Caputo, Hotel Monteleone
- Katy Casbarian, Arnaud's Restaurant
- Jill DiMarco, Signature Events
- Ron Forman, Audubon Nature Institute
- Al Groos, Royal Sonesta Hotel
- Stan Harris, Louisiana Restaurant Association
- Octavio Mantilla, John Besh Restaurant Group*
- Irvin Mayfield, New Orleans Jazz Orchestra*
- Jeffrey O'Hara, Allied PRA
- Melvin Rodrigue, Galatoire's
- Paul Scott, New Orleans Hilton Riverside
- Michael Smith, Hyatt Regency Hotel
- Susan Taylor, New Orleans Museum of Art
- Doug Thornton, LSED/SMG Superdome
- David Villarrubia, Degas House
*Newly appointed for 2015
Headshots available for all board members upon request.
The Nominating Committee received nominations from the CVB members and selected board candidates based on their industry knowledge, experience and diversity. The slate was elected by the CVB's membership at the Annual Business Meeting held on December 11, 2014.
The New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau is a nationally accredited, 1,100-member destination marketing organization and the largest and most successful private economic development corporation in Louisiana. The CVB and its members influence thousands of decision-makers and millions of visitors to choose New Orleans through direct sales, marketing, public relations, branding and visitor services at our New Orleans headquarters and offices in Washington, D.C., Chicago and four foreign countries. Consistently recognized as one of the top five CVBs in the country, the New Orleans CVB celebrates its 55th anniversary in 2015. For more information, please visit www.neworleanscvb.com; www.facebook.com/neworleans; www.twitter.com/neworleanscvb.