BILOXI, Mississippi (July 8, 2014) - The LEGO® Creativity Tour, powered by the team that runs the popular North American LEGO KidsFest tour, will make its road debut in Biloxi, Mississippi, offering a one-of-a-kind creative family fun experience based on building with the LEGO brand. The hands-on, minds-on event premieres at the Mississippi Coast Convention Center in Biloxi from Friday, December 5 through Sunday, December 7, 2014.
The LEGO Creativity Tour will offer children of all ages an opportunity to build, create and enjoy an immersive LEGO experience through engaging play areas, family-oriented building activities and more.
Some of the activities include:
- LEGO Model Museum: walk among life-sized models made from LEGO bricks
- Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- Challenge Zone: the whole family is on the hook to show off their creative building skills in this emceed challenge
- Construction Zone: enjoy a creative build, play, and display area
- LEGO DUPLO®: the youngest builders can explore building their imaginations and so many ways to play with DUPLO bricks
- Brick Battle Zone: join a team and compete in fun activities like relay races, tower speed build and bridge building contests
- Big Brick Pile: dive into the largest pile of LEGO bricks ever seen to build something amazing
- LEGO Art Gallery: create a custom masterpiece and display it for all to see
- Monochromatic Builds: limiting the materials to one color and one size creates amazing results
- And much more!
"Since we began the LEGO KidsFest five years ago, we have been flooded with requests to visit more cities and regions across the country, but they don't all have the space to host a KidsFest," said Vince Rubino, senior events manager at LEGO Systems, Inc. "The LEGO Creativity Tour leverages some of the best of the LEGO KidsFest experience in a more flexible format to enable us to visit with even more families with an interactive, hands-on LEGO celebration."
Show sessions on Friday, December 5 are 1:30-4:30 p.m. and 5:30-8:30 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, December 6 and 7, sessions are 8:30-11:30 a.m., 12:30-3:30 p.m. and 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Tickets for the LEGO Creativity Tour are $19 (plus tax and service fees). Children under 2 are free. Go to http://www.legocreativitytour.com/ for more information or to purchase tickets.
# # #
LEGO Systems, Inc. is the North American division of The LEGO Group, a privately held, family-owned company based in Billund, Denmark, one of the world's leading manufacturers of creatively educational play materials for children. The company is committed to the development of children's creative and imaginative abilities, and its employees are guided by the motto adopted in the 1930s by founder Ole Kirk Christiansen: "Only the best is good enough." Visit the virtual LEGO world at http://www.lego.com/.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, the brick and knob configuration and DUPLO, are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2014 The LEGO Group.
The LEGO Creativity Tour and LEGO KidsFest are produced by Buzz Engine, a marketing and events organization. LEGO KidsFest was awarded Best Proprietary Event by Event Marketer Magazine in 2013.