Roberta Grove or Maria Elena Smith
Roberta@m-hound.com / Maria@m-hound.com
New Orleans, Louisiana (November 10, 2014) - With the Thanksgiving holiday just around the corner, the Royal Sonesta New Orleans is looking ahead to the official start of the holiday season. From the hotel's major holiday kickoff event planned for December 3rd through a New Year's Eve musical farewell to 2014 on December 31st, lasting holiday memories begin and end at the Royal Sonesta, one of the Crescent City's most cherished hotels.
- On Wednesday December 3rd at 6:00 p.m., the Royal Sonesta officially kicks off the holidays with the 9th Annual Lighting of the Balconies. With a ceremonial "flip of the switch," two young patients from Children's Hospital will experience the thrill of illuminating the hotel's elaborate wrought-iron balconies with thousands of twinkling lights. The ceremony takes place street-side complete with a full lineup of musical performances. With special appearances from some of your favorite holiday characters including the Royal Teddy Bear and Santa Claus, this special season opener is a must-do experience for the entire family. Remember, mark your calendars and plan to join in the fun at this heartwarming celebration that is free and open to the public!
- Make lasting memories at a Royal Teddy Bear Tea. Set in the hotel's Grand Ballroom, teas are offered Saturday December 13th, Sunday December 14th, and Friday December 19th through Monday December 22nd. Seating times are at 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Step into a 'Winter Wonderland' where holiday characters come to life right before your eyes. From story time with Mrs. Claus to a sing-a-long with Rudolph and friends, a Royal Teddy Bear Tea experience will delight children of all ages. Word has it that Santa himself promises to make a special appearance! Each child is invited to "share the magic" of the season by donating a small, unwrapped gift to the annual Children's Hospital Toy Drop. For reservations and details, call the Holiday Hotline at 504-553-2328.
- Because Sonesta embraces a 'Culture of Caring,' the hotel has commissioned a local artist to create the Official 2014 Royal Teddy Bear Ornament. One hundred percent of the net proceeds from ornament sales benefit Children's Hospital New Orleans. This year, artist Jason Michael Mullan has created 400 limited edition, signed and numbered keepsakes that are available for $25 each.The ornaments may be purchased at all Royal Teddy Bear Teas or by calling the hotel's Holiday Hotline at 504-553-2328.
- Award-winning executive chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto of Restaurant R'evolution offer a traditional 18th Century Creole R'evellion dinner menu on the Eve of Christmas and on New Years Day. The restaurant will also offer a seasonal prix fixe R'eveillon dinner during the entire month of December as part of the citywide Christmas New Orleans Style holiday initiative. Space is limited, so please reserve early by calling 504-553-2277.
- Throughout December, choirs from across the metro area spread holiday cheer with special musical performances in the hotel's main lobby. Concerts take place each weekday beginning at 12:00 Noon. Please visit Sonesta.com/RoyalNewOrleans for a complete performance schedule and plan to drop by throughout the holiday season to enjoy the hotel's elaborate holiday décor.
- Royal Sonesta's executive chef Kevin Goodwin and his talented culinary team are planning an extravagant Christmas Day Champagne Brunch with all the trimmings in the hotel's elegant Grand Ballroom. Enjoy the holiday with family and friends in the heart of the historic French Quarter.
- Finally, plan to ring in the New Year New Orleans style at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse. The New Year's Eve extravaganza on Wednesday December 31st presents the perfect occasion to enjoy some the city's finest entertainment offerings. For more information, please call the Playhouse directly at 504-554-2299.
- Enjoy all that the French Quarter has to offer this holiday season with special Papa Noel Packages beginning at just $149 per night based on availability. Book your accommodations online at Sonesta.com/RoyalNewOrleans using promo code PAPA. The Royal Sonesta provides the perfect opportunity to shop, dine and celebrate in one of America's most exciting travel destinations.
Create lasting holiday memories at the Royal Sonesta New Orleans. Located at 300 Bourbon Street, just steps away from some of the city's finest shopping and popular visitor attractions, the Royal Sonesta always looks forward to welcoming you and your guests. With special performances presented nightly at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse, fine dining at Restaurant R'evolution, and seasonal beverages created especially for you at PJ's Coffee Café, there are always plenty of exciting offerings to enjoy at this luxurious hotel. We invite you to make the Royal Sonesta your holiday headquarters. For more information on these and many other festive happenings at the Royal Sonesta, please visit www.sonesta.com/RoyalNewOrleans or call the hotel directly at 504-586-0300.