FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Charity Beneficiaries of Galatoire’s Mardi Gras Auction Add Special Items for Purchase
Event to benefit New Orleans City Park and the Historic New Orleans Collection
January 18, 2010—NEW ORLEANS – On Monday, January 25, 2010, Galatoire’s Restaurant will host its annual Mardi Gras auction, in which patrons bid on table seating for lunch on February 12, the Friday before Mardi Gras.
Proceeds from the auction will benefit two local organizations, New Orleans City Park (NOCP) and the Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC). Both beneficiaries will donate items to be auctioned off in addition to the coveted seats.
HNOC will offer:
- Framed and matted reproduction map of 1812 New Orleans
- Admission for two (2) for The Collection’s 15th Annual Williams Research Center Symposium, Between Colony and State: Louisiana in the Territorial Period, 1803-1812 and a framed poster invitation to the event
- Collectible book, Charting Louisiana: 500 Years of Maps
NOCP will offer:
- Two water color serigraphs of City Park by acclaimed local artist Robert Guthrie
- Golf package for four to play City Park’s North Golf Course.
The night will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a reception featuring hors d’oeuvres by Executive Chef Brian Landry and champagne compliments of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin. Auctioneer Ruthie Winston will take the floor at 6:30 p.m.
Pre-registration for the auction is required. Numbered auction paddles will be presented in advance to the first 150 persons to register. Due to limited space, only those registered plus one guest of their choice will be admitted. Contact Christi Gaudet, 504-525-2021 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to reserve a paddle. For more information about Galatoire’s visit www.galatoires.com.