11/1 – 11/3: BIG EASY CON 2019
New Orleans, LA (October 9, 2019) – The first-ever Big Easy Con by Leftfield Media was rescheduled to add a third day of programs, and is now launching this November, combining the excitement of the French Quarter with the passion and community of pop culture fandom. Fans will be able to explore hundreds of hours of programs including celebrity and expert-driven panels discussions, family-friendly pavilion Big Easy Con Jr. presented by the Toy Association, exclusive reveals, cosplay fashion shows, Artist Alley, a curated showcase of independent and mainstream comic creators, webcomic artists, professional writers/illustrators and 2D artists,Makers Market showcase of artisans and crafters, gaming tournaments, iconic pop culture art exhibits, video game showdowns, and a diverse array of activities for fans of all ages. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to see esteemed comic publishers at the event, such as Oni Press and DC Comics.
Friday, November 1; exhibit hall hours 2 p.m. – 9 p.m., programming until 10 p.m.
Saturday, November 2; exhibit hall hours 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., programming until 10 p.m.
Sunday, November 3; exhibit hall & programming hours 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
900 Convention Center Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70130
Guests from all sides of fandom will gather in New Orleans to meet and take photos with fans, sign autographs and discuss their legendary careers and upcoming projects. Among guests confirmed to appear on the new November dates, Big Easy Con is proud to welcome:
- Anthony Mackie(Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Altered Carbon, The Hurt Locker, Avengers)
- Brent Spiner &Marina Sirtis (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Laurie Holden(AMC’s The Walking Dead, The X-files, The Majestic, The Shield, The Mist)
- Kristin Bauer(True Blood, One Upon a Time, The Crew, Hidden Hills)
- Kel Mitchell(All That, Kenan And Kel, Good Burger)
- “Weird Al” Yankovic(5 Time Grammy Award Winner)
- Walter Jones(Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)
- WWE® Superstars The New Day®
- Zachary Levi(Shazam!, Chuck, Tangled)
TICKETS: Single day and full weekend passes are available. Prices will increase at the door.
- Friday Admission: $30
- Saturday Admission: $40
- Sunday Admission: $35
- 3-Day Weekend Pass: $60
- Premium Weekend Pass: $99.99
- Kids Admission (ages 3-10): $7.50; valid for full weekend or any day individually
- VIP passes & experiences range in price. Autographs, photo ops, and Q&A session attendance are not exclusive to VIPs. A weekend or single day ticket gets you into 99% of everything at Big Easy Con.
WEBSITE: www.bigeasycon.com is updated regularly with new guests, exciting exhibitors, and special programming.
About Big Easy Con
Big Easy Con is a three-day inclusive pop culture convention celebrating the one-of-a-kind culture and people that make New Orleans one of the best cities in the world. Combining the excitement of the French Quarter with the passion and community of fandom, Big Easy Con will feature stars from television and movies, the biggest names in the comic industry, cosplay superstars, unique exhibits and vendors, and family-friendly programming. Learn more atwww.bigeasycon.com.
About LeftField Media
LeftField Media, LLC is an events company focused on developing face-to-face events in a range of communities rooted in contemporary culture and shared passion. LeftField was formed in 2014 by Greg Topalian (President, LeftField Media) and is now owned by Topalian and Clarion Events Ltd. With a keen sense of the evolving needs of businesses and their consumers, as well as new opportunities created by change, LeftField takes a clean slate approach to its work. LeftField’s portfolio includes Awesome Con (awesomecon.com), Washington D.C.’s Comic Con; Rose City Comic Con (rosecitycomiccon.com), in Portland, O.R.; Big Easy Con (bigeasycon.com), in New Orleans, L.A.; and Anime NYC (animenyc.com), a Japanese pop culture festival in New York City. LeftField Media is headquartered in historic Trumbull, C.T. (leftfieldmedia.com).
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Catherine Llamido
Linda Roth Associates, Inc.