12 Months Out
- Celebrate your engagement!
- Set your budget and guest count. Set your budget based on the estimated guest count.
- Pick your date and theme. Choosing an overall theme for your wedding will help you select the venue and attire.
- Secure Ceremony and Reception venue. (Contact the CVB for complimentary assistance)
- Hire a wedding planner.
- Select your wedding party.
- Send out save-the-dates. Finalize mailing addresses based on your guest list.
- Schedule an engagement photo shoot.
6-9 Months Out
4-5 Months Out
- Arrange hotel accommodations for out of town guests.
- Purchase wedding rings.
- Book rehearsal dinner.
- Order favors.
- Order stationary.
- Schedule final Wedding Gown alterations.
- Decide on groom and groomsmen attire.
- Touch base with vendors. Inform vendors of any new wedding details.
- Schedule dance lessons. (If you have two left feet, this may alleviate your first dance nerves.)
- Order wedding cake and groom’s cake.
- Finalize honeymoon arrangements.
2 - 3 Months Out
- Make accommodations for your wedding night. If you’re not leaving for your honeymoon directly after the reception, decide where you want to stay for the night.
- Send out wedding invitations. (Are children welcome at your destination wedding?)
- Work on your ceremony vows. (This is especially important if you plan to write them yourself.)
- Confirm catering menu.
- Book hair and makeup for wedding day.
- Purchase additional wedding accessories. (Wedding accessories include: a ring-bearer pillow, guestbook, unity candle, cake serving knife and toasting flutes. Bridal accessories include shoes, garter, jewelry, etc.)
- Schedule a tasting for wedding cake and caterer.
- Write thank you notes for gifts as they arrive.
- Request a permit and book a band for your second line.
1 Month Out
- Finalize itinerary with wedding planner. Alert your wedding party once finalized.
- Get marriage license.
- Schedule a trial run for hair and makeup.
1 Week Out
- Follow up with missing RSVPs.
- Final check with vendors. Confirm final payments, guest count and any additional details for day of wedding.
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure.
- Contact the New Orleans CVB for welcome bags. Welcome bags for your out of town guests are complimentary and include a New Orleans official visitor’s guide and French Quarter walking map.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Wake up your wedding party with a delivery of hot beignets and café au lait (and don’t forget to eat breakfast yourself).
- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Make sure your best man has the rings.
- Don’t forget the officiant’s fee.
The Day After
- Sleep in.
- Live happily ever after.