With the lively clubs and fun activities on Bourbon Street, New Orleans is the go-to destination for bachelor parties. And in addition to the crazy nightlife, the city offers an abundance of fun and fascinating opportunities to celebrate the groom. Here are 25 lively recommendations for things to do for a terrific bachelor party:
1. Experience Louisiana’s stunning wetlands with a swamp tour.
2. Spend the day on a fishing boat charter.
3. Try your luck out at Harrah's Casino.
4. Race in a Ferrari at Nola Motorsports Park. Yes, you actually get to drive it.
5. Relax with a beer at Courtyard Brewery or NOLA Brewery and Tap Room.
6. Enjoy and hand-rolled cigar at the Cigar Factory.
7. Get your adrenaline fix by jumping out of a plane with Skydive Nawlins or Gulf Coast Skydivers.
8. Play a round of golf at the City Park or Audubon Park golf courses.
9. Sit back and relax with a whiskey and a hot towel shave at Aidan Gill for Men.
10. Go bowling New Orleans style at Fulton Alley or Rock n’ Bowl.
11. Take the 15 dozen oysters challenge at Acme Oyster House.
12. Bet on the horses at the historic Fair Grounds Race Course.
13. Enjoy a steak with all the trimmings at one of the city’s great steakhouses.
14. Take the streetcar to Commander's Palace for the Jazz Brunch on the weekend or 25-cent martini lunches on a week day.
15. Check out antique guns and swords at Cohen and Sons Antiques on Royal Street.
16. Travel around beautiful Bayou St. John in a kayak from Kayak-ity-Yat.
17. Enjoy beignets and a cafe au lait at the famous Café du Monde in Jackson Square.
18. Plan your bachelor party to coincide with one of the city’s many festivals and celebrate with a crowd.
19. Check out some live music at the House of Blues, Tipitina’s, the Howlin’ Wolf or the many clubs on Frenchmen Street.
20. Enjoy some free live music in Louis Armstrong Park during the ongoing Thursday evening concert series or Wednesdays at the Square in Lafayette Square. Or both!
21. Serenade the crowd by singing karaoke at Cat’s Meow.
22. Here on a game day? Cheer your home team on at one of the city’s many sports bars or take in a Saints game or Pelicans game.
23. Hear some captivating war stories and see authentic World War II relics at the National WWII Museum.
24. Sample high-end bourbons with one of the five bourbon flights at Dickie Brennan’s Bourbon House.
25. Swing by Bourbon Street, have a hurricane at Pat O'Brien's and then bar hop around the street enjoying all the action. Cheers.